Please call the Energy Department to set up an appointment.

You will be required to provide documentation necessary to process your application such as the following:

  • Proof of income for the last 30 days for all members of the household. (Ex. Social Security award letter, paycheck stubs, etc.)
  • Information about what has happened within the last 30 days which has caused an emergency or crisis
  • Proof of expense causing inability to pay current utility bills
  • If available, Photo ID for the applicant, such as driver’s license or state issued ID card
  • Date of birth for all members of the household and Social Security numbers/cards if available
  • Current original utility bills. Account name on bill must be that of person applying for assistance. We do not pay from disconnect notices
  • Foodstamp/TANF award letter
  • Name, address and telephone number of landlord
  • Housing assistance letter with utility allowance amount (low-income housing)
  • Receipts of all bills paid in the last 30 days with complete bill if available